excel through pi web

Questions, tips & tricks and more for ZEISS PiWeb / Fragen, Tips & Tricks und mehr für ZEISS PiWeb
William Dial

excel through pi web

Post by William Dial »

Does anyone know the "how to" on using pi web to export an excel report?
Laura Jaschke

Re: excel through pi web

Post by Laura Jaschke »

Hi William,

There are 2 options for exporting to Excel - either through a Measurement Table or a Characteristic Table.

What I typically do is add a button to my report in Designer via the Toolbox tab.

Click on the button, go to the Properties tab, and click on Hyperlink. There is a dropdown for a list of available actions. Towards the bottom you'll see Export table data to Excel. Click on this action, it will add it to a list along the left side.

Then there is another drop down for either Measurement table or Characteristic table. Depending on the contents of your report, make the right selection here. You can either choose View only (what you see in the table) or underlying values I believe which is all of the information associated to your measurement. I'm going by memory here so the verbiage may be slightly different.

You should now have a button in your report that will open a dialog box for you to save to Excel.
Max Price

Post by Max Price »

Laura Jaschke wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:19 pm Hi William,

There are 2 options for exporting to Excel - either through a Measurement Table or a Characteristic Table.

What I typically do is add a button to my report in Designer via the Toolbox tab.

Click on the button, go to the Properties tab, and click on soundcloud downloader Hyperlink. There is a dropdown for a list of available actions. Towards the bottom you'll see Export table data to Excel. Click on this action, it will add it to a list along the left side.

Then there is another drop down for either Measurement table or Characteristic table. Depending on the contents of your report, make the right selection here. You can either choose View only (what you see in the table) or underlying values I believe which is all of the information associated to your measurement. I'm going by memory here so the verbiage may be slightly different.

You should now have a button in your report that will open a dialog box for you to save to Excel.
Thanks, very helpful
John Berkley

Post by John Berkley »

Click on the button, go to the Properties tab, and click on Hyperlink. There is a dropdown for a list of available actions. Towards the bottom you'll see Export table data to Excel. Click on this action, it will add it to a list along the left side.

Is the Excel option available if I do not have Pi Web plus ?
Joshua Smokovitz.2

Post by Joshua Smokovitz.2 »

Hello John,

Yes, you shouldn't have a problem with reporting plus.

Best Regards,

Josh Smokovitz
PiWeb Product Management
Christian Chapman

Post by Christian Chapman »

Hi all I'm new to reporting to excel and piweb in general. This thread was super helpful but is there a way to report multiple sets of results to the same excel file? I'm working on a 60 pc capability study and we want to use our own excel based capability software. It would be awesome if I could get all 60 result sets in the same file where I could copy/paste into our capability sheets. Assume I know absolutely nothing about piweb in your answer. Thanks.
sea level

Post by sea level »

Thank you Laura for the nicely detailed response.
I hope this isn't hijacking, but Joshua.... does PiWeb plus require an additional license? It seems it does when I open it up, but was hoping I might just have missed something. Thanks.
mert kaba

Post by mert kaba »

Dear Laura Jaschke,
Can there be visual examples to better understand the subject?
Tom Oakes

Post by Tom Oakes »

Has anyone figured out a method to export both characteristic data and header data to excel while using PiWeb. The earlier post on this thread don't seem to be quite complete.

On a related note, there have been a couple of "how to's" on how to re-position and remove fields from the header section of the characteristics.xlt template file for exporting to excel files in the "pre PiWeb era", but I haven't seen anything on how to add fields.

Also, the CMM field is blank but I think this is a newer problem.
excel file.png
excel file.png (165.68 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
“There are no stupid questions; however, they are the easiest to answer.” :o
Tom Oakes
Methods Machine Tools Inc.
www.methodsmachine.com
Klaus-Dieter Hermann-Kessler

Post by Klaus-Dieter Hermann-Kessler »

Short note to get CMM No.

Test with ..\data\excel_report\Char.xls. Modification done by CALYPSO 7.0 (2020)
EXCEL.png
EXCEL.png (85.7 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
Attachments
Char.xls
(136 KiB) Downloaded 112 times