Command for Z axis control

Discuss macros to control the hardware functions of your ZEISS microscope
Anand Ranjan

Command for Z axis control

Post by Anand Ranjan »

Hello,
is there a command to find the current Z plane of the microscope stage? I have run into a technical problem with the use of Z- stack in Zen. I need to get about 10 images of Z planes at 500 nm interval and each image has an exposure of 10 ms. If I use the Z-stack in Zen, it takes a few seconds to acquire the images and the fluorescent sample is significantly bleached by the high continuous laser exposure. Using the recorder function of the macro, I'm writing a script to change the Z plane at 500 nm increments and take a snapshot of 10 ms exposure for each Z plane. This way the sample will be exposed to laser for only10 ms for each Z-plane.

I know how to change the Z plane and take snapshots using a macro, but do not know how to find the current Z-axis coordinates.
Thank you,
Anand
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Command for Z axis control

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Anand Ranjan,

please use:
actualPosition = Zen.Devices.Focus.ActualPosition

see also e.g. Get and set focus position
Anand Ranjan

Post by Anand Ranjan »

Your quick response is much appreciated. Thank you very much.
Nikhil Singh

Post by Nikhil Singh »

I propose to control it from the user interface and a G code command Artificial Intelligence
mhael 7402

Post by mhael 7402 »

There are some fascinating deadlines in this article but I don?t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity but I will take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely [url=https://www.instagram.com]Instagream[/url]
mhael 7402

Post by mhael 7402 »

There are some fascinating deadlines in this article but I don?t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity but I will take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely [url=https://www.instagram.com]Instagream[/url]