Page 1 of 1
How to make the EDF image
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:15 pm
Like in title, I don't know how to capture multiple focus layers in one image. I can't find the EDF function in Matscope.
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:50 am
thanks for writing us.
First I'd like to point out that the EDF function in Matscope is only available in conjunction with a Primotech microscope with network adapter.
Assuming that you have a Primotech with network adapter, it could be that the network adapter has not been associated with the microscope. You can solve this issue in two ways:
- Reset Matscope to factory settings and re-run the initial step-by-step configuration. During this guided setup, the association will happen automatically.
- Associate the network adapter (also called MNA, short for Microscope Network Adapter) manually as follows:
- In Matscope's microscopes tab, tap the little gear button near the live thumbnail of your microscope to enter the microscope configuration area
- Once you are in the microscope configuration area, find the "Network adapter" configuration item.
- If the MNA is functional, but not associated, you will see a small yellow question mark on the icon. In that case, press the "Choose" button next to it, and tap the network adapter in the list.
Note, in case you have multiple microscopes connected to the network, make sure that you choose the correct MNA - you can identify it by the hardware address number that is printed on a label on the right side of the MNA.
- If the MNA is already associated, you will see a green check mark on the icon. In that case you should already be able to use the EDF option. If you don't see it even though there is a green check mark, please let us know.
- If the MNA is not working properly, you will see a red exclamation mark on the icon. Please contact our service representative in this case, so that we can arrange for a replacement.
- Tap the "Apply" button
Now tap the microscope's thumbnail to connect to it, and you will have an EDF option in the dropdown menu that appears when you press the little downwards arrow button below the Snap button in the Live tab:
Thanks and best regards from the ZEISS support team.