- Smartzoom 5 will in standard configuration always be sold together with the standard all in one PC currently running Windows 8.1 as operating system. This is our thoroughly validated system configuration guaranteeing stable system performance at the customer.
- Along with the standard PC the customer purchases the Smartzoom software (on a USB drive).
- This software can be installed on third party PCs and is mainly intended for offline use: Jobs created with the Smartzoom 5 can be viewed and modified on other PCs.
- The software, however, is also capable of running a Smartzoom 5 as it contains all installation files for the system (including drivers etc.). Hence it is technically possible to install it and try to operate the Smartzoom on different PCs, but parts of the installation have to be done manually (Matlab, Matlab Patch, drivers, complete system referencing etc.). Very important here is a compatible USB 3.0 Interface - ideally by Intel as in the Lenovo All-In-One.
- A Smartzoom 5 running on a third party PC (or the standard PC with a different operating system) is naturally not supported by Techsupport and the operation lies in the responsibility of the customer.
- For places where this in inacceptable, it is possible to apply for a Smartzoom 5 Windows 7 INDIMO, where a standard desktop PC can be taken. Please note that for INDIMOS longer delivery times and higher prices are expected (approx. 3.000 €).
Share Smartzoom knowledge. Success stories. Application notes. Won & Lost cases. Share news from competition.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Over the last months we have received a number of requests from the field on what to do if the customer has asked for a different PC (or operating system) than the standard Smartzoom All-In-One PC. I put together the important facts for such situations: