Accessing ZEN Archive

Your place to discuss general handling of images and the CZI file format
user-5572

Accessing ZEN Archive

Post by user-5572 »

Hi,

does anyone know how to access the built in archive of ZEN, search for names, acquisition dates and so on using the archiving DLL?

I guess I have to use the namespace Zeiss.Micro.Archiving.Search right ?
But how do I start a search query and load the found images?

I have already tried the following:
archi = IArchiveManager.OpenArchive(File.FileArchiveManager(),"file///C:/Users/20180214_073733_4763", True)
meta = archi.GetMeatadata("file///C:/Users/20180214_073733_4763/Bild01.czi.Metadata")
qu = ArchiveQuery()
constrain = ArchiveQueryConstraint(ArchiveComparisonOperator.Matches, ArchiveItenProperty("File.Name","Bild"))
print Search.ArchiveQueryEvaluator.IsMatch(qu, meta)

Thank you
user-4

Post by user-4 »

Hello Alexander,

I really fully understand that you would like to work with the Archive of Zen Core, but at the moment we cannot offer an OAD-Interface in Python so that the access of data is possible on a reliable base. Accessing the Archive by OAD is already on the ToDo-List of Zen Core!

The access to the Archive by the means you showed in your code cannot be recommended ‘for everybody’ as this interface is not supported by ZEISS. There are two main reasons for this.
First of all the objects and methods shown in the code are expected to change in the near future.
Second, it can be very tricky to use this advanced interface as it might work asynchronously in some parts or effect other parts of ZEN Core resulting in unknown behavior.

For these reasons, it is officially not allowed to import ZEN (blue or Core) dlls in other software including OAD macros. In other words, you are very much on your own if you do it the way demonstrated as we do not know what might happen if these objects are accessed in this context.