DefaultUnitFormat in XML File do not seem correct

Your place to discuss general handling of images and the CZI file format
Mike Jackson

DefaultUnitFormat in XML File do not seem correct

Post by Mike Jackson »

I have a CZI file where I have retrieved the units for the image from the XML path "//Metadata/Scaling/Items/Distance/Value" and they state the default units are in "um" (micrometer) but the actual value that is shown is 4.54E-7 which putting that together means that the value is actually 4.54E-13 meters which seems not really correct? Am I interpreting this correctly?

I referenced the official CZI documentation on this and in section 6.9.1.4 there is some example XML and it has the same sort of default units and value? So clearly I am misunderstanding how to interpret the "<DefaultUnitFormat>um</DefaultUnitFormat>" tag.

In the larger picture we are post processing the data in the CZI file to reconstruct a mosaic and we want to ensure that when we read the stage positions which are in microns that the scaling in the image is also in a consistent units otherwise we need to convert the values to all be in microns.

Thanks for any explanation or pointers on the correct values to retrieve from the XML file.
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: DefaultUnitFormat in XML File do not seem correct

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Mike Jackson,

yes, this is indeed a bit misleading.

The values within the metadata are according to the metric system which means ‘meter’ as base unit in your case.

The
<DefaultUnitFormat>µm</DefaultUnitFormat>
is sort of a proposal to visualize the parameter in the GUI.
Serg Goreliy

Post by Serg Goreliy »

Statistically, every third person in the world wears glasses, so nowadays glasses have become an indispensable accessory for a large number of people. However, not all people are able to choose the glasses to fit their image. I want to advise you article https://optyx.com/uncategorized/discove ... n-and-men/ which describes the advantages of certain glasses so you will be able to choose glasses to fit your style
herry lauu

Post by herry lauu »

Check if the XML file has an associated XML Schema (XSD). The XML Schema defines the structure and data types allowed in the XML document. Look for the "DefaultUnitFormat" definition in the stumble guys and ensure that it is correctly specified.
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Je me devais de partager ma récente expérience avec la réparation électroménagers Whirlpool. Si vous recherchez le meilleur service qui soit, je vous les recommande vivement.
Il y a quelques jours, mon réfrigérateur s'est soudainement arrêté de refroidir, et j'ai eu peur que toutes mes provisions soient gaspillées. J'ai rapidement contacté ServiceVotech et, à ma grande surprise, ils ont répondu rapidement. Le service clientèle était amical et compréhensif de ma situation.