Unable to Install CUDA-enabled version

Find inspirations how to access the ZEN application model
Abraham Moses

Unable to Install CUDA-enabled version

Post by Abraham Moses »

I would like to take advantage of the processing cores on my graphics card when manipulating images within Zen but, whenever I attempt to perform a fresh install of the Zen Lite software with CUDA functionality, it rejects the CUDA-enabled version, and installs the regular version. My system is equipped with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 OC, Core 2 Quad processor, Windows 10, 12GB DDR3 RAM. I have installed all of the necessary CUDA drivers and software from Nvidia but, for some reason, the Zen software refuses to install the CUDA-enabled version, and reverts back to the CUDA-disabled version. I can still use the CUDA-disabled version, but the software hangs when I try to export a full-res image, and then I have to reduce image quality by 50% just to get it to work. Does anyone know how to fix this issue and make Zen recognize that my card has CUDA?
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Unable to Install CUDA-enabled version

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Abraham Moses,

you treat two separate themes in one post.

First, Zen Lite is a free but reduced version of a Zen including a license. And even a ‘full blown’ Zen would use the GPU just for some special modules. But none of these special modules is available in Zen Lite. Therefore, the GPU of your Nvidia graphics card is not recognized by Zen.

Second, exporting huge images may not work because of the 2 GB limitation of .Net Framework. Exporting images is surely not dependent on a GPU as it works just on CPUs.

I hope this clarifies the situation a bit.
Martin Stas

Post by Martin Stas »

Hey everyone,

I totally get the frustration Abraham Moses is facing here. Dealing with software installations can be a real headache. Abraham, I've been down that road too...

It sounds like you've done a solid job by installing the necessary CUDA drivers and software from Nvidia. Kudos for that! The Zen software should ideally recognize your setup. However, based on your system specs and the limitations of Zen Lite, it's possible that the CUDA-enabled version isn't compatible or necessary in this case.

Regarding the hanging issue during image export, that might be more related to the software's processing rather than the GPU. Large image exports can be resource-intensive, and the 2 GB limitation of .Net Framework might also play a role here.

For Abraham and anyone else facing similar issues, my advice would be to reach out to Zen's customer support. They might have insights or workarounds specific to your setup. Sometimes, these software quirks need a bit of expert intervention.
liza memozi

Post by liza memozi »

In order to complete the challenging platform game vex 3, you must sprint and leap through a variety of perilous levels, which can be irritating at times.
harold wahl1904

WalgreensListens

Post by harold wahl1904 »

We value and acknowledge customers who participate in the Walgreenslistens customer satisfaction survey by providing us with honest feedback. Additionally, Walgreens is offering a $3000 prize to customers who complete this survey. American-based pharmaceutical company Walgreens was founded. <a href="https://wlgreenslistenscom.store/">WalgreensListens</a>
totiya lee

Post by totiya lee »

I appreciate your sincere advice. It has been a valuable learning experience, and I've gained insights that I can apply personally.
Free Movies APK
John Peter.2

Post by John Peter.2 »

Thank you so much for your honest advice. It was a great learning experience and I gained skills that I can apply to myself.
Download here Free Movies Apk
fais team

Post by fais team »

<a href="https://deltaexecutor.io/">delta executor</a>
is the Roblox game agent for those players who are wish to partake in their leisure time which allows to a different scope of qualities and options