Problems with feature parameter ellips

In this subforum specific Topics concerning ZEN Core, e.g workbenches, are discussed
Fredrik Olsson

Problems with feature parameter ellips

Post by Fredrik Olsson »

Hi,

We use Zen Core ver 3.1
I have noticed that the feature parameter ellips gives strange values. I have tried both unscaled and scaled parameters and noticed that the unscaled ellips major is smaller than for example unscaled diameter/diameter filled. Could you please verify that the ellips values are correct?

Please note that in the Image Analysis Wizard the unscaled Feret Max/Min does not appear but they are available through OAD.

BR
Fredrik Olsson
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Problems with feature parameter ellips

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Fredrik Olsson,
I have noticed that the feature parameter ellips gives strange values
You are right! Expected are the major and minor axis but returned are the semi-axis.

Therefore, the correct value can be obtained by a factor of 2.
Please note that in the Image Analysis Wizard the unscaled Feret Max/Min does not appear
Feret Max/Min is a feature in the Analysis Wizard using Zen blue or OAD but it is not offered by the Analysis Wizard using Zen Core.

I will clarify if this is 'as designed' or a bug and give a response.
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Problems with feature parameter ellips

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Please note that in the Image Analysis Wizard the unscaled Feret Max/Min does not appear
This is a bug that will be fixed.

If you need this feature in Zen Core 3.1 please open a 'ticket'. To do so report the bug to your ZEISS sales team or to the local ZEISS 'Service and Support' team.

Thank you for your contribution!

P.S.: Unscaled Feret Max/Min is missing in "Feature Setup" but not in "Region Filter".