Change Python Version

Everything OAD-related that won't fit in the other categories: share general aspects of macro programming and discuss the OAD environment
Josef Brandt

Change Python Version

Post by Josef Brandt »

Hi all,

is there any way of changing the installed Python version to a more recent Python 3?
I want to import some external modules that don't work together with Python 2.7x :/

Many thanks,
Josef
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Change Python Version

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Josef Brandt,

maybe there is some misunderstanding.

The Macro Environment of Zen uses IronPython as Zen depends on .Net.

But for IronPython there is at the moment only an alpha version of 3.X available, e.g. https://ironpython.net/

'Normal' Python is different from IronPython and libraries may run in IronPython if they are delivered as source code.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation a bit.
Josef Brandt

Post by Josef Brandt »

Ah, no I was not aware of that, thanks for the clarification!
Then I cannot import my compiled 3rd-party libraries, but that's not an issue, I can work around it.

Thanks a lot,
Josef
seven yevale

Post by seven yevale »

Your post is very interesting and useful. You may also get more details with Data Science Course in Pune
Seven Mentor

Post by Seven Mentor »

To change the Python version on your system, follow these steps:

Install the desired Python version: First, download and install the Python version you want from the official Python website or using a package manager like pyenv (for Unix-like systems) or pythonbrew (for older Python versions).

Update system PATH: Ensure the new Python version is in your system's PATH. Modify the PATH environment variable to include the directory where the new Python version is installed.

Verify the version: Open a terminal and type python --version or python3 --version to confirm the change.

Virtual environments: Consider using virtual environments to manage packages and dependencies for specific projects, allowing you to work with different Python versions simultaneously.

By following these steps, you can easily switch between different Python versions on your system.

You can learn UI/UX Design Course in Pune from Sevenmentor.
MathewSS MathewSS

Post by MathewSS MathewSS »

Bhawna Roy

Post by Bhawna Roy »

Thanks for sharing the informative post.

Get 60% OFF on Full Body Checkup in Delhi

Book Now: https://www.mediyaar.com/delhi/full-body-checkup-price.html