Filtering for images of interest

Discuss questions and projects related to processing of imaging data here
Nick Davis

Filtering for images of interest

Post by Nick Davis »

Hello,

After processing my hundreds of .tiff images through my Intellesis segmentation step, I have thousands of .czi images that are colored/classified according to the model that I created.

1) How do I filter the images so that they only contain the images that have the features of interest?
2) How do I conduct a count for those features of interest, and which image they are in?

Sorry, I am new to this software, and I don't know if this is OAD worthy. I just can't find the workflow to do this.
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Filtering for images of interest

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Nick Davis,

there is not so much information given in your post, but I will try to answer as far as I understand your situation.

With the Intellesis segmentation step a binary mask is obtained. Well trained Intellesis segmentation usually yields better results than just using threshold. Nevertheless, this is just one step in an analysis workflow to finally obtain classification results which allow an examination which features are in an image.

One approach to use your Intellesis segmentation is to click “Setup Image Analysis” on the analysis tab. In step 3 of the Image Analysis Wizard click “Select” to integrate your Intellesis segmentation in the analysis workflow. When everything has been classified in a reasonable way you will get a table with all the data needed to make further decisions on how much has been counted etc.

The Image Analysis Wizard lets you save your Image Analysis Setting (ias) so that you can apply it to many images, e.g. located in a folder, with a macro like

Zen.Analyzing.Analyze(image, ias)

Please be aware that Zen.Analyzing. has several other possibilities as well.

An alternative is to use the Intellesis Object Classification.

Information on this theme can be found at
https://github.com/zeiss-microscopy/OAD ... e_Learning
or the build in documentation of Zen.

I hope this helps.