Nubie question - Start LIve camera and have it visible in a window

In this subforum specific Topics concerning ZEN Core, e.g workbenches, are discussed
user-6033

Nubie question - Start LIve camera and have it visible in a window

Post by user-6033 »

Hi,
I am new to the macro programing so I am sorry if this is obvious. I do not have any problems with aquiring an image and continue working with it but I wonder what I can do after Zen.Acquisition.StartLive() if I want to keep the live image visible in a window? The target is to have the image aquiring process visible for the user while it is running.

Best regards
Fredrik Olsson
user-4

Post by user-4 »

Dear Fredrik Olsson,

I'm very sorry but this is not possible at the Moment.

To keep the live image during acquisition is undoubtedly a missing feature so it has been added to the project feature list!
user-6033

Post by user-6033 »

Thank you! That explains very well why I couldn't find a way to have it visible. Look forwad to hopefully see it incorporated in future releases.

Best regards
Fredrik Olsson
user-8

Post by user-8 »

But when running an Experiment, it will be possible to have the "Live" visible. Would this help?
user-6033

Post by user-6033 »

Sorry, did not get a mejl alert for this second answer so I just saw it. I am not fully sure of how to use the experiment concept (yet). We run Zen Core v2.4 and are used to jobs and workflows/workbenches and I have not used Zen Blue.

Kind regards
Fredrik Olsson
fabian Rol

Re: Nubie question - Start LIve camera and have it visible in a window

Post by fabian Rol »

Hello,

I have the same problem, so I wonder if the problem has been solved by now. Is it possible to have live image as the script is running ?
thank you
best

Fabian
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello fabian Rol,

this section treats 'Zen Core Specific Topics'.
Zen Core is mainly a workflow system. It has a FreeMode but the 'strength' is the Job Mode.
In the Job Mode it is possible to build up a 'program' by inserting one task after the other.
When you run the Job then it is like a program.
OAD in Zen Core is 'mainly' meant to 'bridge a gap' when a task is not available.
Or in other words, OAD in Zen Core is not designed to build a 'complete program'.

In Zen blue you can write

Code: Select all

Zen.Acquisition.StartLive()
Zen.Application.Pause("Hello")
which starts the Live-View and then shows the "Hello-Window" while the Live-View continues.

But this is 'only' possible because Zen blue is 'by design' different from Zen Core and offers a Live-Image in the GUI.

I hope this helps ...
fabian Rol

Post by fabian Rol »

Thank you very much for your answer
I understand better the difficulties I have with Zen Core
Best regards

Fabian
all apps

Post by all apps »

To display the live camera feed in a window while acquiring images using the Zeiss Zen software, you can use the ZenGUI module provided by Zeiss. Here's a general outline of the steps:

Import the necessary modules:

from ZenGUI import ZenWindow
Start the live acquisition:

Zen.Acquisition.StartLive()
Create a window to display the live camera feed:

window = ZenWindow()
window.show()
Keep the application running to maintain the live view:

while window.is_open():
    pass
The ZenWindow class creates a window where the live camera feed will be displayed. The show() method displays the window on the screen. The is_open() method checks if the window is still open, and the while loop keeps the application running until the window is closed by the user.
https://toolsregion.com/
Make sure you have the necessary Zen software and its associated modules installed. The exact implementation may vary based on your specific Zen software version and configuration. Refer to the documentation or examples provided by Zeiss for more details on using the ZenGUI module and displaying live camera feeds.

Note that the code provided assumes you are using the Zeiss Zen software and its associated modules. If you are using a different software or library for acquiring images, the steps may differ.