Code: Select all

#######################################################
## A C Q U I S I T I O N 
##
## Macro name: Show camera setting parameters
## Required files: none
## Required hardware: AxioCam camera
##
## GET THE CURRENT CAMERA SETTING, SHOW CAMERA SETTING PARAMETERS IN MESSAGE WINDOW 
## 
##
## Remove all open images
Zen.Application.Documents.RemoveAll()
##
##
## Show camera parameters in message window
camParams = Zen.Acquisition.ActiveCamera.ReadCameraSetting().GetAllParameterNames()
print camParams
Zen.Application.Pause('Click on the Message tab to see the printed parameters')
##
## You can also open the camera setting file (*.czcs) with a text editor!
##
## Alternative: show all camera parameters in one column in message window
Zen.Application.Pause('Click first on Clear all in Message tab and then Continue')
camset = Zen.Acquisition.ActiveCamera.ReadCameraSetting()
params= camset.GetAllParameterNames()
for param in params:
    print param
##
Adrien T'Kint

Re: Show camera setting parameters

Post by Adrien T'Kint »

Hello,

I am looking for a way to get the field of view of the microscope without having to acquire an image.
Is there any dedicated macro function for that?

Otherwise, is it possible to get the pixel size from the current camera?
That information combined with Zen.Devices.ObjectiveChanger.Magnification and Zen.Acquisition.ActiveCamera.Frame will allow me to calculate the fov.

Thanks in advance,
Adrien
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Adrien T'Kint,

thank you for your contribution!

We learned from your case that we have to supply some additional parameters concerning the ActiveCamera.

At the moment the data you need is not accessible but is planned for future releases.

Just an idea from my side:

If you can calculate the 'field of view' from the pixel size, Zen.Devices.ObjectiveChanger.Magnification and Zen.Acquisition.ActiveCamera.Frame (valid just for microscopes without optovar and 'simple' camera adapter), then it should be possible to calculate the pixel size from an aquired image.
As an aquired image has a scaling and a given pixel resolution it should be possible to calculate its pixel size.

Maybe this helps ...
Adrien T'Kint

Post by Adrien T'Kint »

Thanks!
Laura Smith

Post by Laura Smith »

You can typically retrieve the pixel size information from the camera specifications or by accessing the camera settings through the software. Look for properties such as "Pixel Size," "Pixel Pitch," or "Pixel Dimensions." The pixel size is usually specified in micrometers (µm) mapquest driving directions and represents the physical size of a single pixel in the image.
rosy dam

Post by rosy dam »

Laura Smith wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:13 am You can typically retrieve the pixel size information from the camera specifications or by accessing the camera settings through the software. Look for properties such as "Pixel Size," "Pixel Pitch," or "Pixel Dimensions." The pixel size is usually specified in micrometers (µm) Pokemon Infinite Fusion and represents the physical size of a single pixel in the image.
You're welcome, your approach is very effective.
Jacob Courtney

Post by Jacob Courtney »

Adrien T'Kint wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:54 pm Otherwise, is it possible to get the pixel size from the current camera? Drive Mad 2
That information combined with Zen.Devices.ObjectiveChanger.Magnification and Zen.Acquisition.ActiveCamera.Frame will allow me to calculate the fov.
It sounds like a feasible approach to calculate the pixel size from an acquired image. Have you tried implementing this method?
Rose J Lever

Post by Rose J Lever »

Camera setting parameters refer to the various configurable options and features on a camera, which may include settings like ISO, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, focus mode, and more. These settings can be adjusted to achieve specific photographic goals, such as controlling exposure, depth of field, and color balance. If anyone want to know about landscaping atlanta visit here https://www.collinslandscapinggroup.com/