Stop Experiment over COM interface

Post your acquisition-related questions and macros here
Willi Stepp

Stop Experiment over COM interface

Post by Willi Stepp »

Hello,

I'm trying to stop a running experiment via the COM interface. I found the functions for StopContinous and StopLive, but I can't find anything to stop a started experiment. I also did a search in the github repository, but again only found examples for stopping Live mode.
Am I overlooking something?

Thanks,
Willi
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Stop Experiment over COM interface

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

I'm trying to stop a running experiment via the COM interface.
Hello Willi,

I can understand what you intend to do but we have a conceptional conflict in this situation.

The ease of the ‘Simple Interface’ that a macro or COM uses to work with Zen results from a synchronous workflow of the program.
What I mean is: when you start an experiment and then add the resulting image to the documents collection to show it in Zen the ‘Simple Interface’ is responsible to ‘wait’ until the experiment is completely done and then the next command, adding it to the collection, is executed.

This way you can easily write code line by line and you know that the next line is executed when the previous line has completely done its job.

Please be aware that an asynchronous execution of the commands would increase the complexity of the ‘program flow’ dramatically and it would be difficult to achieve in the case of COM as events have to be caught. Asynchronous programming is clearly away from ‘simple’.

Back to your question: The ease to automatically wait for a command to finish its action is in conflict with your stop experiment. Even if we had a function like this it would be only executed when the experiment is completely finished. Therefore, it does not make sense in the context of the ‘Simple Interface’.

Start/Stop Live is different as this is just kind of an on/off mechanism.

I hope this helps.
julie diane

Post by julie diane »

CarlZeissMicroscopy3 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:53 pm
I'm trying to stop a running experiment via the COM interface.
Hello Willi,

I can understand what you intend to do but we have a conceptional conflict in this situation.

The ease of the ‘Simple Interface’ that a macro or COM uses to work with Zen results from a synchronous workflow of the program.
What I mean is: when you start an experiment and then add the resulting image to the documents collection to show it in Zen the ‘Simple Interface’ is responsible to ‘wait’ until the experiment is completely done and then the next command, adding it to the collection, is executed.

This way you can easily write code line by line and you know that the next line is executed when the previous line has completely done its job.

Please be aware that an asynchronous execution of the commands would increase the complexity of the ‘program flow’ dramatically and it would be difficult to achieve in the case of COM as events have to be caught. Asynchronous programming is clearly away from ‘simple’.

Back to your question: The ease to automatically wait for a command to finish its action is in conflict with your stop experiment. Even if we had a function like this it would be only executed when the experiment is completely finished Seville Classics EHF10202B download instruction manual pdf. Therefore, it does not make sense in the context of the ‘Simple Interface’.

Start/Stop Live is different as this is just kind of an on/off mechanism.

I hope this helps.
To ensure you haven't overlooked anything, here are some steps you can take:

Check Documentation: Review the official documentation or user manuals of the software or system you're working with. There might be specific methods or functions mentioned for stopping a running experiment.

Contact Support: If the documentation doesn't provide the information you need, consider reaching out to the software's support team. They might be able to guide you on how to stop a running experiment programmatically via the COM interface.

Community or Forums: Explore user forums or communities related to the software or system. Other users may have encountered a similar issue and can provide insights or solutions.

Custom Scripting: Depending on the software or system you're using, you might have to create custom scripts or code to handle experiment control via the COM interface. This may involve sending specific commands or instructions to stop an ongoing experiment.

GitHub Repository: Continue monitoring the GitHub repository or relevant source code, as updates and new features may be added over time.

If you've already checked all these sources and haven't found a direct method for stopping a running experiment, you might need to explore custom scripting or seek guidance from the software's support or developer community for a workaround.
cccvb fdfdg

Post by cccvb fdfdg »

Stopping an experiment through a COM interface typically involves invoking a method or calling a function provided by the COM object https://videostatusfinder .com. The exact steps and method names would depend on the specific API (Application Programming Interface) provided by the software or system you're working with.
lewis hamilton

Post by lewis hamilton »

The purpose of this EID-B template is to structure the PIs response and to ensure consistent definition standards across all instruments.<a href="https://retrobowl-college.io">retro bowl college</a>