Complete Phyton external control

Discuss macros to control the hardware functions of your ZEISS microscope
Valerio Rosiello

Complete Phyton external control

Post by Valerio Rosiello »

Hi,
I have a Zeiss Axio Observer microscope equipped with zen blue 3.3 software.
In order to accomplish cellular automatic control task I need handle all the functionality available in Zen (in particular focus, stage movement, change objective, image acquisition...) from an external Python software.
I know that it is possible to write macros in Phyton from within Zen by using OAD package and Feedback experiment module but I need to handle such features from an external software as I have:
- to control additional hardware (such as Arduino)
- to include a lot of libraries such as Numpy and Scipy and packages related to AI
- to include packages written for normal python for control task purpose (such as PID and non linear control).

Is there any way to accomplish this requirement? If there isn't please tell me the best way to approximate my request.
Thank you in advance,
Valerio
Tom Browne

Re: Complete Phyton external control

Post by Tom Browne »

I will study your way because I often get eye strain when focusing on looking at the microscope for a long time.
Tony Adams

Post by Tony Adams »

Yes, it is feasible to use an external Python software to operate the Zeiss Axio Observer microscope and use Zen's features. With the help of Zeiss' ZEN SDK software development kit (SDK), you can interact with the io games microscope and programmatically manipulate its numerous capabilities.
wheel chair

Post by wheel chair »

xininif xininif wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:41 am
Valerio Rosiello wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:25 pm Hi,
In order to accomplish cellular automatic control task I need handle all the functionality available in Zen (in particular focus, stage movement, change objective, image acquisition...) from an external Python software.
I know that it is possible to write macros in Phyton from within Zen by using OAD package and Feedback experiment module but I need to handle such features from an external software as I have:
- to control additional hardware (such as Arduino)
- to include a lot of libraries such as Numpy and Scipy and packages related to AI
- to include packages written for normal python for control task purpose (such as PID and non linear control).

Is there any way to accomplish this requirement? If there isn't please tell me the best way to approximate my request.
Thank you in advance,
Valerio
Good job! Your eyes will not be tired when looking at the screen for a long time.
black screen helps you relax when using the computer too much.
Hello Valerio,

To accomplish your requirement of controlling the functionality of your Zeiss Axio Observer microscope and Zen software from an external Python software, you can utilize the ZEISS Microscopy API (Application Programming Interface). The ZEISS Microscopy API provides a set of functions and methods that allow you to interact with the microscope and control its features programmatically.

By using the ZEISS Microscopy API, you can control the focus, stage movement, objective changes, and image acquisition from your external Python software. It provides a way to communicate with the microscope and issue commands, retrieve data, and receive notifications.

To get started, you will need to install the ZEISS Microscopy API package, which provides the necessary Python bindings. You can find the package and documentation on the ZEISS Developer Community website. Make sure to check the compatibility of the API with your microscope model and software version.

Once you have the ZEISS Microscopy API installed, you can import the necessary modules in your Python script and establish a connection with the microscope. From there, you can use the API functions to control the microscope's functionality and integrate it with your additional hardware and libraries.

Here's a general outline of the steps you can follow:

Install the ZEISS Microscopy API package compatible with your microscope model and software version.
Import the required modules in your Python script.
Establish a connection with the microscope using the API. https://www.gilaniengineering.com.au/wheelchairs/
Utilize the API functions to control the microscope's features such as focus, stage movement, objective changes, and image acquisition.
Integrate your additional hardware, libraries (e.g., Numpy, Scipy), and control packages (e.g., PID, non-linear control) with the microscope control script.
It's worth noting that the specific details and available functions may vary depending on your microscope model and software version. Therefore, I recommend referring to the documentation and resources provided by Zeiss or reaching out to their support for more specific guidance related to your setup.

I hope this helps you accomplish your requirements. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!
Daniel Lancaster

Post by Daniel Lancaster »

Valerio Rosiello wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:25 pm Hi,
- to control additional hardware (such as Arduino) papa's burgeria

Thank you in advance,
Valerio
I get the same question. Any useful replies?
alex xanz

Post by alex xanz »

Basically you still have to write macros in Phyton from within Zen using the OAD package and the Dynamons World Feedback test module.
Dmitriy Zhelud

Post by Dmitriy Zhelud »

Yes, it is possible to accomplish your requirement of controlling the functionality of Zen software from an external Python software. One approach you can take is to use the Zen SDK (Software Development Kit) provided by Zeiss. The SDK allows you to interact with Zen software programmatically, enabling you to access and control various functionalities such as focus, stage movement, objective changes, and image acquisition.
George Malick

Post by George Malick »

Yes, you can accomplish this requirement by using the Zen Blue API provided by Zeiss. It allows you to control Zen software functionalities from an external Python software. Simply integrate the API into your code to handle features Hours like focus, stage movement, image acquisition, and more. You'll have the flexibility to control additional hardware, use libraries like Numpy and Scipy, and include Python packages for control tasks. Good luck!
Fuzzi Sami man

Post by Fuzzi Sami man »

Any script available in Paython for Our Surah Yaseen PDF site? We need a script which work well with PDF reader anybody want to ready can easily download and scroll all the Surah