API from JavaScript

Everything API- and SmartSEM-related that won't fit in the other categories. Share general aspects of API programming and discuss SmartSEM.
user-3513

API from JavaScript

Post by user-3513 »

Carl Zeiss Microscopy 10 wrote:The API can as well be accessed from various scripting languages such as VBScript and JavaScript.
I strongly advise against any mentioning of the Javascript in any API related documents because well it doesn`t work. As simple as that. True one can call "Initialise" method without throwing any error but that`s about it. There is no way to use the most important ".Set" and ".Get" methods in Jscript.
Doing something like this to get the Magnification from the SEM column won`t give you the correct value neither in A nor in B.

Code: Select all

var A,B;
B=CZEMApi.Get("AP_MAG", A);
So in the end one is left only with the VBScript for doing some basic automation to run say under Windows host script environment.
user-2734

Post by user-2734 »

masta wrote:I strongly advise against any mentioning of the Javascript in any API related documents because well it doesn`t work....
My JavaScript experience is limited to programming it into HTML (typically for activating button click functionality) and running is while the web browser displays the page. Is this what you are trying to do, running the Remote API ActiveX control from a web browser?

As a general note, the API was developed in its first incarnation some 15 years ago when ActiveX was the coolest thing on the planet according to Microsoft. Now running an ActiveX control from a web browser is considered on par with some evil hacking attempt. So different browsers will treat this in different ways, but certainly try to prevent execution in some ways.

You are the first person to try using the API from javaScript since 10 years. Perhaps you can explain what you tried to do exactly, preferably forward your code to my email. Otherwise I will just remove the mention of JavaScript.

Best regards, Hidde Wallaart
oliver bohemia

Re: API from JavaScript

Post by oliver bohemia »

i would like to follow this topic as Head to DogVetTips for some furry fun! Our articles, vet-approved, cover grooming, food, and more. Let's make your dog's life happier together!"Read about https://dogvettips.com/common-anatolian ... ix-breeds/"
David lora

Re: SnapTube Features

Post by David lora »

The GWA calculator is a tool used to determine a student's overall academic performance based on weighted grades. It takes into account the credit hours or units assigned to each course, allowing for a more precise evaluation of a student's performance. This calculator is especially useful in educational institutions that employ a weighted grading system, where certain courses hold more significance than others in the final gpa vs gwa difference. By inputting grades and corresponding credit hours, students can efficiently track and manage their academic progress.
https://gwacalculator.net/ commen---analatics
David lora

Post by David lora »

This jackpot result today system was introduced to eradicate the poverty as well as to cope up with the unemployment. By introducing this lottery system the Govt of Kerala attained dramatically economic stability.
https://thesambadlottery.in/kerala-jackpot-lottery-result/
David lora

Post by David lora »

A Purchasing Power calculator is a tool designed to compare the relative value of currencies by factoring in the cost of living and inflation rates. It helps individuals and businesses understand the equivalent purchasing power of different currencies in real terms. By accounting for differences in price levels between countries, the PPP calculator aids in making more accurate international comparisons of economic indicators, such as income and GDP.
http://pppcalculator.net/