Controlling Zeiss GIS valves

Post and discuss your API application solutions here.
user-3513

Controlling Zeiss GIS valves

Post by user-3513 »

Good day. I`m looking for the way to implement control over GIS' (Zeiss construction) precursor valve operation. I want to use it for EBID with external scan generator. I need to perform a simple "valve open" and "valve close" command. As far as I know there is no direct way to do it with FIB API without creating Sample, defining Operation and specifying SetMillingTime (witch will be different each new deposition with a very difficult procedure to calculate the estimate value for it prior to EBID itself).
user-42

Post by user-42 »

Dear masta,

I have moved this thread to the 'Instrument Control' subforum, as we would like to keep detailed technical discussion restricted to registered users.

I will get back to your question on GIS control shortly.

Best regards,
Heiko
user-2734

Post by user-2734 »

masta wrote: I need to perform a simple "valve open" and "valve close" command. As far as I know there is no direct way to do it with FIB API without creating Sample, defining Operation and specifying SetMillingTime
Hello,
Firstly I would not expect you to use the FIB API.
GIS Valve commands up to and including SmartSEM 5.6:

Primary Multi GIS
DP_GIS_CHANNEL RO GIS Channel
0 S_NONE None
1 S_1 1
2 S_2 2
3 S_3 3
4 S_4 4
5 S_5 5

Primary Single GIS
DP_GIS_CHANNEL RO GIS Channel
0 S_NONE None
1 S_1 1

Note: The parameter DP_GIS_CHANNEL is used both for status update and as a means of Opening and Closing. Programmatically you set DP_GIS_CHANNEL to value "1" to open Valve 1, to "0" to close

Secondary Single GIS

CMD_GIS_2ND_CLOSE_VALVE Close Secondary GIS Valve
CMD_GIS_2ND_OPEN_VALVE Open Secondary GIS Valve

In the new SmartSEM 5.7 (due for release Nov 2013) we changed the dual use of the DP_GIS_CHANNEL parameter. From now on it will be read-only so display the valve status only.

New commands for the primary GIS:
CMD_GIS_OPEN_CHANNEL1 Open GIS channel 1

rule :
Enabled if GIS Enabled is Yes and (Vac Status is
Ready or Vac Status is Pumping)

CMD_GIS_OPEN_CHANNEL2 Open GIS Channel 2
CMD_GIS_OPEN_CHANNEL3 Open GIS Channel 3
CMD_GIS_OPEN_CHANNEL4 Open GIS Channel 4
CMD_GIS_OPEN_CHANNEL5 Open GIS Channel 5
CMD_GIS_CLOSE_CHANNEL Close GIS Channel

Regards, Hidde Wallaart
Roanna Barlow

Re: Controlling Zeiss GIS valves

Post by Roanna Barlow »

Our mission is to offer cutting-edge solutions to UV Adhesive Glue Manufacturer communication terminal companies, consumer electronics manufacturers, semiconductor packaging and testing firms, and communication equipment producers.
Bryan Leo

Post by Bryan Leo »

Did you ever use Aluminium Kozijnen for your construction projects?
terasa cu carti

Post by terasa cu carti »

TURNING ON THE BEAM: 1. Click on either the word Vac, Gun or EHT at the bottom of the left-hand monitor and select Beam On. The beam will run up slowly as shown by an indicator meter at the bottom of the screen 2. Once the beam is on completely, the box will read All: D. GUN/BEAM ALIGNMENT (Gun Aperture Alignment and Beam Alignment): 1. From the SEM Control panel (right-hand monitor), select the Aperture tab. 2. Click on the Emission button. A GREEN target pattern ( ) should appear on the left-hand monitor.
For more info visit

Code: Select all

https://terasacucarti.me/