Handheld functionality + Tilt limitation

Share your experience. Share your and customer ideas how to optimize the Smartzoom 5 software and hardware.
user-4099

Handheld functionality + Tilt limitation

Post by user-4099 »

Good day all,

I recently lost two opportunities to sell the device:

Company: GKN Driveline
Application: Inspection of automotive metallic parts, different sizes
Problem: Customer was pleased with the device, but in order to justify the acquisition of the equipment they neede to assure that it works with all of their parts, they wanted to have the handheld functionality so they can check bigger parts, inspect cracks, etc. Will not buy it.

Company: Mitsui Kinzoku
Application: Automotive parts
Problem: We were competing against Keyence´s VHX-5000, and since this is a japanesse company they pushed hard to go with this option, and the fact that we do not offer the handheld funcionality and that the VHX has a wider tilting range (90° and 60° compared to our +/-45°) helped them to decide for the VHX.

Can we push to have the handheld functionality implemented in the near future? It is very important. Additionally, Keyence has a boroscope and fiberscope integration, which we lack also.
user-4053

Struers Repliset

Post by user-4053 »

The Repliset from Struers (please see attachement) could be our answer on the handheld functionality of Keyence.

It is also suitable for higher magnifications and is even more flexible to use.
Attachments
150223_Repliset.pdf
(50.39 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
user-3996

Additional Information about the use of the Struers Repliset

Post by user-3996 »

All:

One of our customers, who already purchased the ZEISS Smartzoom 5 is actively using the Repliset. This customer originally also hat the request to buy a transportable and handheld system. He decided to buy Zeiss as the handheld functionality is inferior and does not allow to take high quality images. He runs an accredited lab and he has done systematic evaluations of the replica technique. If customers are interested in a feedback we may be able to establish a contact.

I personally met this customer and he is very very pleased with the Smartzoom even though he wanted a handheld System in the first place.

Best regards
Peter Schaeffer
user-4099

Repliset option

Post by user-4099 »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback. In fact I mentioned the repliset to the customers but they did not want to use it that way, they do not trust that option. I think it could help if we have some sort of demo tool with the Repliste and show it to the customer whenever they ask for the handheld functionality.