Python exceptions

Find inspirations how to access the ZEN application model
user-4947

Python exceptions

Post by user-4947 »

I call OAD methods in Zen blue from Python. How can I get feedback if a method failed (e.g. .Acquisition.FindSurface() did not find surface; Acquisition.RecallFocus() was called before focus was set)? I found a presentation by Sebastian Rhode at http://slides.com/sebastianrhode/tools- ... roscopy#/1 that uses try/exception statements, but I do not get an exception in case of a failure.
user-4

Post by user-4 »

Dear wiegraebe,

I understand your problem but cannot formulate a solution.
For this reason, your question has been handed to the development team.
I hope that they can find a way to verify the focus position within the macro environment.
user-4

Post by user-4 »

Dear wiegraebe,

further investigation showed that both functions Acquisition.FindSurface() and Acquisition.RecallFocus() just throw an exception to the OAD Interface when they cannot be started. Otherwise, an exception is thrown but does not reach the OAD Interface.

We have the intention to refactor the code for the next ZEN release so that the exception also reaches the OAD Interface.
liza memozi

Re: Python exceptions

Post by liza memozi »

This unique game has piqued the interest of many people. With its unique game experience and innovative game atmosphere, scribble io is a fantastic way for you and your friends to pass the time.