Are there multiple and temporalily instances of the very same macro?

Everything OAD-related that won't fit in the other categories: share general aspects of macro programming and discuss the OAD environment
user-6033

Are there multiple and temporalily instances of the very same macro?

Post by user-6033 »

Hi,

I normally develop my macros using the macro editor in an OAD workbench in freemode.
Saving a macro is normally ok, renaming a macro is ok when the macro is new but not when trying to rename an old macro. Some of these are feasable in the manage template, like deleting the macro or renaming it, and some others are made possible by procedures like removing and re-adding a macro in a job with a saving step in between (when changes are made in a macro which is used in a job and wnat the new macro version to be used). However, when trying some functions in Accord.net with the result of having the Zen Core crash, not the fault of Zen though :) I noticed that my saved macro was not really saved. The macro went back to the condition where it was before staring Zen Core. In order to be sure of my changes in the macro I had to save it and close and re-open Zen Core. I think it would be good to have a working space where I both easily can make changes in the macros, and changing names, deleting etc in a more easy way and that I can trust that when I save my macro it is saved. I understand that for macros that are used within a job may cause some challenges.

Thank you!

Best regards
Fredrik Olsson
user-4

Post by user-4 »

Hello Fredrik,

thank you for your detailed report.

The problem underneath is that Zen blue and Zen Core do not handle data, including files, the same way.
On the other side, we wanted the same look and feel for the development environment on both software packages.

We agree that we have to find a more handy solution for the integration in Zen Core and therefore it is on the refactoring-list.