Navigation question

Post your acquisition-related questions and macros here
Mariam Melkumyan

Navigation question

Post by Mariam Melkumyan »

Hello. I am trying to figure out whether there is a way to navigate from a 20x or a 40x image to a big tiled image. I am imaging the central amygdala at 20x and I need to be able to verify that I am in the correct region. I know I can use tiles to take a whole brain image and then use more tiles to zoom in to the correct region but I am not able to save the ROI lines on the newly acquired image for some reason. I would like to do 2 thing: save the ROI that I mark on the tiled preview image on the acquired ROI image, and be able to show where the zoomed in ROI image is on the big tiled image postimaging.

I have used a camera based Keyence microscope before and on that microscope if you take a 4x image of the whole brain slice and a 40x image of the desired location, you can then go back and tell the program to mark on the 4x image where the 40x image was taken from. I would love to be able to do that on Zen.
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Navigation question

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Mariam Melkumyan,

this is a forum primarily for Open Application Development (OAD)!
save the ROI that I mark
In the Menu choose 'Graphics' and then 'Draw Region of Interest'.
You can now draw the ROI in your (tiled) image. Make a right mouse click on the ROI and select 'Create Subset Images from ROI'.
Now a 'new image' is generated that corresponds to the ROI and you just have to save it.
show where the zoomed in ROI image is on the big tiled image
Via OAD it is possible to convert the ROI into a Rectagle so that the Rectangle is saved with the overview image.

I hope this helps.