Dwell at each slice in z stack

Discuss macros to control the hardware functions of your ZEISS microscope
Alex Gendernalik

Dwell at each slice in z stack

Post by Alex Gendernalik »

Hello,

I am really surprised that this functionality is not incorporated in Zen, as I thought it was a simple task. Maybe I'm missing something. Normally, in other software, I think this would be considered an XY, T, Z experiment progression.

I'd like to take a z-stack but at each slice, dwell for a fixed time or number of frames, before moving to the next slice and repeating the dwell until the final slice. Would this be possible using OAD? This might be similar to the below topic, "Time delay between tile images ?."

viewtopic.php?t=2961

Thank you!
CarlZeissMicroscopy3

Re: Dwell at each slice in z stack

Post by CarlZeissMicroscopy3 »

Hello Alex Gendernalik,

as already mentioned in 'Time delay between tile images ?' this should be possible with an 'Experiment Feedback' script in Zen blue.

The topic 'Time delay between tile images ?' has been answered with
viewtopic.php?p=4826#p4826
and shows suggested commands for scripting.

Please be aware that 'Scripting Commands' do not correspond with 'OAD-Macro Commands'!
In addition the context where they are running is very different. 'Scripting Commands' run within an experiment (therefore you can manipulate the execution) whereas 'OAD-Macro Commands' are used to automate Zen.

Despite of all the differences 'Scripting' and 'OAD-Macros' have in common that they both use Python as a Language to execute 'their' commands.

Consequently 'Experiment Feedback' is not part of OAD but comes with 'Advanced Processing' (in the current version of Zen blue).
Please contact ZEISS sales because this might be different with older versions of Zen blue.