External Image Analysis without saving czi file

Post your acquisition-related questions and macros here
Stefan Maurer

External Image Analysis without saving czi file

Post by Stefan Maurer »

1) Is there a way to access an acquired image for external image analysis without having to save it as a czi file first, including saving the .czi file to the temp folder? It seems like ZEN automatically saving the file in the temp folder already takes about 500ms, which significantly decreases the performance of my macro.

2) Am I correct in my understanding that no matter if I use the macro environment, experimental feedback or guided acquisition module I can not access the pixel values of an acquired image for example as a list in said module? If that was possible, I could send it from the macro to my custom image analysis software via either a socket or http connection. If in addition I would not have to save the file I would get a much higher performance.

3) Is there a way to trigger the acquisition of an image via TCP or COM from an external script that returns / makes the pixel values accessible in said external script without loosing time to save and open a czi file?
Trinity Louisc

Re: External Image Analysis without saving czi file

Post by Trinity Louisc »

According to my knowledge i wnat to tell you some suggesion on that
However, I can provide some general insights that may help:

In some imaging systems, it may be possible to access acquired images directly without saving them as CZI files first. You might need to refer to the software documentation or contact the software provider for specific instructions on accessing acquired images without saving them. My CC Pay

The ability to access pixel values directly in the macro environment, experimental feedback, or guided acquisition module may depend on the capabilities and features of the software you are using. It's best to consult the software documentation or contact the software provider for information on accessing pixel values and transferring them to external analysis software.

Triggering image acquisition via TCP or COM from an external script and accessing pixel values directly in the script would require specific integration capabilities provided by the imaging system and software you are using. You may need to refer to the system's documentation or consult with the software provider for guidance on how to achieve this functionality.

For accurate and specific guidance regarding the software and system you are working with, it is recommended to consult the software documentation, reach out to the software provider's support team, or seek assistance from relevant user forums or communities dedicated to that particular imaging system or software.
Pauline Cotton

Post by Pauline Cotton »

Triggering picture acquisition over TCP or COM from an external script and directly accessing pixel values in the script would necessitate particular integration capabilities given by your imaging system and software. For help on how to obtain this capability, you may need to go to the system's documentation or consult with the software supplier. idle breakout
julie diane

Post by julie diane »

Stefan Maurer wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:24 pm 1) Is there a way to access an acquired image for external image analysis without having to save it as a czi file first, including saving the .czi file to the temp folder? It seems like ZEN automatically saving the file in the temp folder already takes about 500ms, which significantly decreases the performance of my macro.

2) Am I correct in my understanding that no matter if I use the macro environment, experimental feedback or guided acquisition module I can not access the pixel values of an acquired image for example as a list in said module create archery target at home? If that was possible, I could send it from the macro to my custom image analysis software via either a socket or http connection. If in addition I would not have to save the file I would get a much higher performance.

3) Is there a way to trigger the acquisition of an image via TCP or COM from an external script that returns / makes the pixel values accessible in said external script without loosing time to save and open a czi file?
Regarding accessing acquired images for external analysis without saving them as .czi files first, the ability to directly access pixel data might depend on the capabilities and API provided by the ZEN software. Some software platforms do allow direct access to pixel data for real-time analysis without the need to save to disk first, but this might not be possible in all cases. You could check the ZEN software documentation or consult with the support team to see if there are any specific functions or methods available for real-time pixel data access.

Again, the ability to access pixel values directly in the macro environment or other modules would depend on the features and capabilities of the ZEN software. In some cases, there might be APIs or functions available for this purpose, but it would be best to refer to the official documentation or reach out to the support team for specific information.

Triggering image acquisition via TCP or COM from an external script is a possibility in some software and hardware configurations, but it is highly dependent on the capabilities of the microscope and the software used for controlling it. Some microscopes and software might support remote control and image acquisition, but it's crucial to check if your specific setup allows for this functionality. It may also involve a custom integration or scripting depending on the equipment used.

Since your concerns are related to specific features and performance of the ZEN software, I recommend contacting the support team or referring to the official documentation for the most up-to-date and accurate information about the software's capabilities and potential solutions to improve performance and streamline your workflow.
Jane butt

Post by Jane butt »

To enable picture acquisition over TCP or COM and direct access to pixel values in an external script, seamless integration capabilities are required, which are provided by your imaging system and software. For guidance on how to achieve this capability, referring to the system's documentation or seeking assistance from the software support team would be beneficial. Their expertise can help you effectively implement these functionalities into your workflow, ensuring smooth and efficient operations with your imaging setup. Anyone have knowledge about https://fulfillgenie.com/factors-affect ... ing-costs/
Last edited by Jane butt on Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.