Is there an annotation API for SmartSEM

Everything API- and SmartSEM-related that won't fit in the other categories. Share general aspects of API programming and discuss SmartSEM.
user-3245

Is there an annotation API for SmartSEM

Post by user-3245 »

I'd like to have an option to create annotation in a code and then burn it to the screen.
user-42

Post by user-42 »

asorkin wrote:I'd like to have an option to create annotation in a code and then burn it to the screen.
Dear asorkin,

do you want to produce an arbitrary text annotation in the image from the code, or do you want to display parameters and their current values in the image?

Best regards,
Heiko Stegmann
user-3245

Post by user-3245 »

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Actually, I'd like to have both types of annotations such as tool's parameters e.g. Gun energy, date etc. and also a free edit text.

Thank you
Alexander.
user-42

Post by user-42 »

You would have to save the required parameters in a User Annotation file once, then load that file before running your program. From your code you can grab images and save them with the parameter annotations and their current values burned in.
You can do the same thing from a macro with the 'Photo' command, by the way.

It is not possible to set a free text annotation from within code, but as a workaround it should be possible to use a suitable string parameter, such as 'Sample ID' that can be set from the code, and be used as above.

Regards,
Heiko
user-3245

Post by user-3245 »

Carl Zeiss Microscopy 10 wrote:You would have to save the required parameters in a User Annotation file once, then load that file before running your program. From your code you can grab images and save them with the parameter annotations and their current values burned in.
You can do the same thing from a macro with the 'Photo' command, by the way.

It is not possible to set a free text annotation from within code, but as a workaround it should be possible to use a suitable string parameter, such as 'Sample ID' that can be set from the code, and be used as above.

Regards,
Heiko
Hi Heiko,
Thank you for the answer.
Can you give a bit more details about the 'Photo' command in macro, may be some code sample.
Or may you refer me to some literature where I can found more knowledge base regards the macro writing.

Thanks.
Alexander.
user-42

Post by user-42 »

Hi Alexander,

I have sent you a documentation on macro writing by email.

Regards,
Heiko
user-2734

You can run macros from the API

Post by user-2734 »

In the API manual it is described how to run macros. However, the macro editor is somewhat limited.
Using the Editor menu "Insert > Special UIF function" you can switch the datazone On or Off. You can also bring up the "Request Annotation Text" dialog. You then have to type in the text you want to display manually.
Your best bet is to pre-edit the datazone so it has all that you want to display and then call that from the macro, and call the macro from the program with the API Execute command.

Regards, Hidde Wallaart
Bryan Leo

Re:

Post by Bryan Leo »

user-3245 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:59 pm Thanks a lot for your reply.
Actually, I'd like to have both types of annotations such as tool's parameters e.g. lightsabers australia, date etc. and also a free edit text.

Thank you
Alexander.
Did you try on different website too?